Re: Contacting latest package contributors

[ resent, this time using the correct Asheesh' email address ]

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 12:26:38PM +0200, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> Anyway, it saddened me that not only we are having very few new DDs,
> we are also having very few new maintainers.  So I decided to send an
> email to those who were listed as having uploaded a package between
> 2011 and 2013, with these questions:

Heya, thanks for this initiative!

Just a thought: this sounds, at least in spirit, very similar to what
Lucas has been doing with his new contributors survey [1]. Whereas he
focused on packaging contributions, it seems wise to me to try to
consolidate on common questions, possibly having differences only in the
packaging / non-packaging parts.

Ideally, that would allow in standardizing on some sort of survey that
helps us having a better grasp of the difficulties faced by new
contributors.

On the same vein, Asheesh' initiative to greet new (potential)
contributors might have some synergies with this. You might want to get
in touch with him as well.

Hope this helps,
Cheers.

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2013/08/msg00011.html