Re: [Debconf-team] A/V opt-out for speakers (Re: Thinking of organising a special mini-debconf

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> I don't think we want anything so elaborate as a signed waiver; and I also
> think we can and should assume that by default people giving talks are ok
> being videotaped and need to opt out, otherwise people will overlook the box
> and we'll wind up chasing all speakers down to find out what they really
> want.  But having preferences captured in the registration interface is
> definitely something we should do.

Defaulting to yes is fine, but the field should still be required or
simply not a allow an empty option.

> The main reason to attend a talk in person, rather than just watching it on
> the video stream, is to be able to participate.  If the talk is being video
> taped, and you don't want to be on video, you obviously aren't going to be
> reaching for the microphone, so there's no reason you need to be in the
> room.

What I meant is "if you know one talk is taped and the other is not
and want to see both, you would most likely attend the non-taped one".

Richard