Re: Thinking of organising a special mini-debconf

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 03:49:06PM +0200, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We had a small chat today with people that were interested in the topic.
>
> I wanted to have this mini-debconf later this year, but we learned
> that there's going to be a mini-debconf in Cambridge in mid November,
> and the mini-debconf in Paris is also likely to happen end of 2013 or
> beginning of 2014.  So we think that it will be better to have our
> mini-debconf around March/April 2014.

FWIW, one of the nice things of doing it in 2014 would be commemorating
the 10 years of debian-women, that started after Debconf4 in 2004.

> Regarding locations, there were a couple of proposals (Barcelona or
> Romania), but of course nothing is written in stone since we don't yet
> have a venue or a set date.
>
> I have started a wiki listing what we discussed here and in person:
>
> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Miniconf-Women/2014

what about using the Debian Wiki to give it more visibility? Also
the user creation process in the DebConf wiki needs approval so it
isn't so straigforward.

> I have already included a few starting points for the talks, including
> those that were mentioned around here.  If you are interested in
> giving a talk about something, you can list it there.  If you are
> interested in hearing someone talk about a particular subject, you can
> also add it to the list of ideas for talks.

I have some ideas for a talk, but nothing defined yet!

Ana