Re: CONFIGURATION PDC SAMBA & OPENLDAN

Hi!

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Virginia Cando <viqui.cando@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everybody!!
>
> Regards from Ecuador. I'm trying to configure a PDC with Samba and OpenLdap
> but I can't find a manual where It show me how I can do an adecuate
> instalation about that. Could someone help me with this??

All Debian packages should come with documentation. There are usually manual
pages (man pages for short) and documentation in /usr/share/doc/<package> .

I have no idea what a PDC is but the documentation for samba and openldap should
be possible to find by either checking the man pages or the package
documentation.

    man samba
    man ldap

OpenLDAP's man pages are available on their homepage at

    http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi

Samba has a HOWTO collection on their homepage at

    http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/

and samba man pages can be found online at

    http://www.manpagez.com/man/7/samba/

Be sure to checkout README.Debian in /usr/share/doc/<package>
for both samba and openldap since there might be specifics to the Debian
versions of the software.

Also have a look in /usr/share/doc/<package>/examples for example
configurations.

For more help there is always the Debian user mailing lists

    https://lists.debian.org/users.html

The main (english) list is at

    https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

Good luck!