Re: two sysadmin problems I can't solve three months after switching to Debian-KDE
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: two sysadmin problems I can't solve three months after switching to Debian-KDE
- From: Amaya <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 19:00:35 +0100
- Message-id: <20120307180034.GJ4076@aenima>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <CAKoGHGW_V_X3A4VXJxfUj=catzUOLpovN_kYfe=dBxJ96J5bfg@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAKoGHGW_V_X3A4VXJxfUj=catzUOLpovN_kYfe=dBxJ96J5bfg@mail.gmail.com>
Alison Chaiken wrote:
> Greetings all, in January I switched my main development desktop
> system and a new laptop to Debian-KDE after being a Fedora user since
> its inception. I'm pretty happy with the change but have a couple
> of remaining problems.
> The programs run nightly by cron do not, however. This is not an
> aliases problem or a difficulty with postfix configuration since the
> CLI invocation works fine. I have RTFM'ed at length but simply cannot
> figure out how to get cron's subprocesses to use postfix. I have
> changed all invocations of sendmail to postfix in /etc/*.conf that I
> can find. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to look?
> logrotate.conf needs to be changed?
Maybe you want to look at /etc/default/cron
Is it a logrotate issue or a whole cron issue?
Maybe you can install a crontab you know that fails (to generate errors)
and then look at the logs to further investigate what is happening.
.''`. The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are
: :' : strong at the broken places. - Ernest Hemingway
`- Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux