irc training session, d-w website, statistics project (aka: reprise thread)

Hi debian women!
In the last few weeks I was quite absent: I passed my last exam at
University, I've been in Perugia at DUCCIT (so glad to meet Anne, Luca Bruno,
Zack and other Debian and Ubuntu devs and users!) and I've got some holidays
in Spain - yeah!-: Barcelona and a little bit of Galicia.

But now, it's time to reboot and work on the d-w project: I've a
zillion of ideas! :)

== IRC training sessions ==

So, my first question is: what about IRC training session? When we start
with the project? Yesterday, trying to answer to this question [1] on
shapado.debian.net, I've checked the wiki page about the events [2].

At the moment, it seems that we have 4 candidate for a session: can we start
with some of them? Or do we need to make more noise about that, to collect
more proposals?
And if so, how?

IMHO, we could start with the sessions proposed and, at the same time, take
advantage of the publicity about the initiative (caused by the mere fact that
it starts) to ask for new proposals.

== State of the web site ==

At the last d-w IRC meeting, we talked about d-w website and how to refresh it.
During the meeting it seems there was some problems with svn repo that contain
the source of the site. So, I'm wondering if now it's all ok.
The first step, IMHO, it can be add the profile of the "new entries" of the
group.
Another important step - and preliminary step - is decide if we want to
maintain the current structure (I'm talking about contents, not
infrastructure) and what type of content we want to add.
Then we can talk of the graphic part.
This, obviously, is all IMO.:)

== Communication ==

I think that it can be a good idea follow Marga's example and post some "Bits
from Debian Women" from time to time. And before any official initiative (as
starting IRC training sessions) post an official announce with the help of
publicity team: they're very helpful in this kind of stuff. And this could
help us reaching more people. :)

What do you think?

== Statistics ==

Hey Ho, Let's Go! I'll start the stastistic stuff this week: I think this can
be done searching data through udd.debian.org.
First, I'll add a page for the "project" on the wiki (as a d-w subpage), with goals and methods
and some little explanations. :)
Every hint, advice, help, howto, etc. is super-welcome!

Ok, I think it's enough for now.

(and soon a report on DUCCIT Debian-Women/Ubuntu-Women Round table )

Cheers,
Francesca

[1] http://shapado.debian.net/questions/when-does-the-training-sessions-start
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/TrainingSessions