Re: presentation & wanting to contribute

Salut Christian, all

Christian PERRIER @ 04.10.2010 07:12:
Quoting Francesca Ciceri (madamezou@yahoo.it):

PS: I know my English is not the best, I'm trying to improve it ;-)
Don't worry about it: my english is very... uhm... imaginative! If I don't
know a word I create it :))

Ah, let me remind you something I learned from the inspiring talks
about "good practices about talks", by someone who's a longstanding
D-W activist, namely Meike Reichle: never apologize for your bad
English.

Hehe, I can't believe you remember that :)

There are indeed many reasons for this:

- people will notice, anyway, that your English is not perfect
- you will make those whose English is worse ashamed
- non native speakers are sometimes easier to understand than native
ones, so be proud of your bad English instead..:-)
- as Francesca says: you can even be creative by inventing words:
Italglish, Germish, Frenglish, etc. are much more fun than genuine
English, though Italglish and Frenglish are surprisingly close to each
other..:)

(this post is also a way to see if Meike is still listening around...)

:) I am, but - as you can see by this delayed answer - barely managing to keep up with my Debian involvement these days *sigh* :/

Best,
Meike