Re: resource availability and (naive) ideas

This one time, at band camp, Éric Araujo said:
> >> I've cc'd weasel and sgran so they can answer the following question: is
> >> it acceptable to have non-DDs (and/or non-DMs) on such aliases?
> >
> > Yes, it's an alias file, so it can take arbitrary addresses.
>
> I believe the question was about policy, not technique.

Yes, I understood that - I think it's a non-issue, so didn't
address it.  I apologize if that left the situation ambiguous.

What we don't want, in general, is for an email address @*.d.o
to be handed out for trivial or status reasons.  What is fine
is for role accounts to redirect mail to people actually doing
the work.  As examples, firstname.lastname@women.debian.org
redirecting to firstname.lastname@gmail.com is probably not fine, but
mentors@women.debian.org redirecting to a gmail address absolutely is,
in my opinion.

Hope that makes my position clearer, and sorry again for any
misunderstanding.

Cheers,