Re: proposal social networking link icon in the site and feed aggregation

On 29 August 2010 18:17, Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org> wrote:
> 2010/8/26 Alice Ferrazzi <jingcomics@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On 08/26/2010 09:05 AM, Maia Kozheva wrote:
>>> It's not Twitter. I'm allergic to microblogging in general. Identi.ca is
>>> not any better in not causing me to attempt to claw my eyeballs out. So
>>> sick of seeing references it everywhere that I just unsubscribed from
>>> the mailing list just so I wouldn't have to see it.
>
>> sorry for talk about microblogging i don't like it too
>> but thay are useful for be seen ...
>> im so sorry about it, but it was only a proposal
>>
>> but what you think of the women planet.debian.net ?
>
> I suppose every person has different points of view, and different
> criteria. I like microblogging a lot and I find it very useful for
> being up to date about lots of things, and I'm probably not alone in
> the world in that regard.

I think that people can choose to use twitter/facebook/ident.ca and
the like or not.
There really is no need to depart and unsubscribe from the mailing
list because d-w seeks to promote itself and widen its audience. ;)

I prefer the mailing list and irc to keep in contact/catch with up the group.
However social networks may be useful to promote the activities of the
d-w group..
I certainly hope we can reach a wider base of people using these networks.

I can imagine having to send the same thing out to some number of
social networking sites could be quite tedious.....

Kind Regards

Lesley Binks