Re: resource availability and (naive) ideas

* Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> [2010:08:26 14:07 +0200]:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 07:49:31AM +0100, Lesley Binks wrote:
> > I believe there is a mentoring address at d.o for Debian Women.
> > More info on that at http://women.debian.org/mentoring/
>
> I've read that page, but there is no @d.o address used for that. Note
> that my point is not stating that the current one is not good, quite the
> contrary, I'm just trying to figure out which kind of "blessing" d-w
> activities might benefit from. I'm very well aware it's a minor
> contribution, but I'm for pursuing all avenues :)

I talked to Peter Palfrader about this a while ago (last year sometime?)
and he was happy to set up a forward for us, but the problem was that it
could only be used for people who were Debian developers.

I'm not sure it's a major concern anyway -- people are interested in
being mentees and mentors, but nobody really seems interested in
actually running the program. If someone steps up, we can revisit the
technical difficulties in adding non-DDs to an email alias, otherwise we
need to treat the mentoring program like it doesn't exist.