Re: Trying to get conclusions from Debian Women Statistics

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM, Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org> wrote:

> if those first uploaders keep contributing without turning into DDs or
> DMs, or if they just get tired and go away. Would it be possible to
> also have some data comparing the dates of the first upload and last
> upload, and maybe the number of uploads in-between to see if they
> might provide an answer?

I could try to do this, but I feel reluctant to put in the wiki,
because it'd show too much information that might not be nice to
aggregate in a wiki page.  I'm thinking of maybe doing a graph and not
put any names to it, and don't put the information in any verbatim
way.

> I also wonder about the same graph for all
> the contributors to the project, whether the increase rates and the
> conversion between first uploads and the number of DDs, DMs (or NMs)
> are comparable. Would it be possible to try to get some indicators
> from the statistics in the way I'm mentioning? It might provide clues
> about the most effective measures to take.

This one is more tricky, because even if the first upload info is
there, the creation of DD account is not listed in the main page, it
has to be fetched person by person.  It could probably be scripted
somehow, but I don't really feel like doing it.  If anyone wants to do
it, go ahead.

For the record, I don't think it would be much different.  It probably
is very very similar, only that in the case of DW the numbers are more
easily manageable.

--
Besos,
Marga