Re: resource availability and (naive) ideas

On Thursday, August 26, 2010 02:49:31 am Lesley Binks wrote:
> Well the only thing I heard of recently in u-w was having your picture
> taken to win prizes.  I am not against people having their picture taken
> but was in the group that felt that it wasn't something d-w would do.

OK so I didn't explain well on IRC.  There were multiple contests.  One was an
essay contest.  The one you're talking about was a contest for photos of
little girls using Ubuntu, released under a CC license, so that the usual
repertoire of boysboysboys using computers has something to complement it.
The goal was to have real images that can be used for posters and suchlike
that aren't reinforcing the stereotype of computers = boys.

--
Mackenzie Morgan