Re: resource availability and (naive) ideas

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 8:58 PM, स्वक्ष <vid@svaksha.com> wrote:
> The one difference that stands out (for me) is the packaging process
> which is different in Ubuntu as compare to Debian. I cant say I've
> fully understood the differences enough to comment in detail but ...

The good thing about the packaging process is that while the process
you go through to *get it into the archive* differs and revision
control tools differ (bzr vs git and still some svn), actual creation
of packages in Ubuntu and Debian is pretty much the same.

Plus Ubuntu has really been pushing for folks to contribute directly
to Debian anyway, so I really think any packaging-directed classes
held on the Debian side, regardless of what part of the process they
cover, would be beneficial to UW too.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com