Re: Let's put some energy back into Debian Women

* Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2010:08:18 16:01 -0300]:
> Hey!
>
> It's been quite a while now since we've had women joining our ranks of
> Debian Developers/Maintainers/Contributors.  I'd like to put some
> energy back into the Debian Women project.
>
> Lars suggested on IRC that we should set a goal, as in: raise the
> number of female DDs/DMs to some specific number.  I like this idea,
> and in order to do this, we need to actively recruit, mentor and
> train, it won't just happen by itself.

I don't have much to add, besides that I think these ideas are great,
but I'll try to make sure to make it to the meeting so I can help give
out access to new women.

Maybe we could use Don's fauxbts or setup our own for some of the bug
stuff? We did a fauxbts / buildd setup for Software Freedom Day a number
of years ago that seemed pretty helpful for new people. We could do
something like that again too, to help demystify certain Debian
processes.