Re: Let's put some energy back into Debian Women

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 09:56:25PM +0200, Karolina Kalic wrote:
> Hi,

> I am a female maintainer (maintaining pidgin-microblog), and hopefully
> a DM, and even DD one day. But I'm new to programing, and would need
> help with dealing with bugs, for a start. So, this is one of my
> suggestion for one of a training session that could be held on IRC.

Actually, this is a common issue people request training for, and I know
there have been multiple bug squashing training sessions, with presentation
notes posted afterwards and made available to everyone.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea (if it isn't done already) to have those
presentation notes clearly marked and pointed to through Debian-Women
resources (website, IRC, etc.) for people to browse through, and maybe a
live tutorial reguarly (I'm thinking every 6 months or so?) to keep it fresh
in any developers' minds. It'd be nice if those tutorials were open to
anyone interested in Debian bug-squashing, too.

Cheers,
Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski