Re: shebuntu debian project

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 02:11:42PM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:44:51PM +0200, Ivan Serra wrote:
>> > We just looking for:
>> >
>> >    * Graphics for the new themes,usplash,logo and wallpapers
>> >    * New female programs,tools and links list
>> >    * Collaborators
>

>> I am speechless...
>
> Apparently, Ana, we are supposed to have special requirements for programs,
> tools and links lists. I wish someone would've told me a long time ago that
> I had these special requirements. I feel like I've missed out on so much of
> my Linux life.

The whole idea is hinged on the theory that's it's the current set of
tools/programmes within desktop linux that are to blame for there
being less women involved... somehow changing the bundled apps will
bring women?

There might be a market for a distro centred around horoscopes and
menstration calculation, but i don't see any reason to blame the lack
of that as a reason for the abysmal stats of number of women
contributors.