Re: DW Mailing List: Would it be better if it was not archived?

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 02:25:38PM +0200, agnez wrote:

> I'm rather intimidated to write here because I'm not a debian developer
> but only a user which makes me think my place would be in the shadow of
> this list..

Please don't feel intimidated to write or post to this mailing list simply
because you're not a debian developer. The entire purpose of this group is
to encourage people (women, specifically) to be involved in some way - which
you don't have to be a developer to be involved. There are plenty of aspects
of the project that are important as well, and don't require programming,
packaging, or head-butting skills to do.

Everyone starts somewhere, even in Debian. As glorious as it would be to
wake up one day and simply know how to design an operating system, how to
manage a network, or how to program a
whatever-it-is-that-programmers-program, the simple truth of the matter is
we all start as users. Some of us will move beyond that scope, others will
remain as users, but we can still be involved.

Yours,
Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski