Re: DW Mailing List: Would it be better if it was not archived?

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> Do you think it might help if the messages weren't archived?

As long as the mailing list allows open subscriptions, someone,
somewhere is going to archive it, which will allow it to be indexed by
google.

So while discussing the effects of archival is interesting, actually
stoping archival would require closing the list, and auditing the
current subscribers. That's not something that I personally am
interested in doing (though I'm not speaking for other listmasters on
this issue).

Finally, if people are concerned about what they write being archived
for ever, they should use free email accounts like gmail to send
(relatively) anonymous messages to the list.

Don Armstrong

--
Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you. If you don't
bet, you can't win.