Re: Thinking about organizing a special women-oriented event

2009/9/10 Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>:
> On Thursday 10 September 2009 17:34:14 Don Armstrong wrote:
>> The reason why the comment appears to be sexist to at least a few of
>> us[1] is because it attributes motives to an individual based purely
>> on their perceived gender, and attempts to extrapolate from that to
>> the motives of all individuals with that gender.
>
> That is not true and is offensive.  I made no attempt to extrapolate to all
> men.  And the poster himself in a private email, and also on the list, said
> that the motive I had in fact attributed to him - that he felt in some way
> threatened - was correct, tho' I had got very wrong the way in which he felt
> threatened.
>
> Are you in fact feeling threatened?  And is that why you alone have to attack
> so hard?

Please, everyone, stop this flame. Some people have felt offended on
each side, some didn't. Nothing positive can come out of keeping
accusing each other. Lets everyone try to calm down and be a bit more
empathic. Most, if not all, the people in this team have more things
in common than whatever differences that might be, and we all share
the same ultimate goal, so let's stop behaving, all of us, as if we
were enemies.

Greetings,
Miry

PS: Do not answer to this message either, help me stop this useless
fight, let's just keep on working on improving things, not on
criticizing each other.