About the recent events in the Rails community about using explicit sexual contents in slides

Hi,

For those who haven't heard about this yet, at a recent SF Rails
conference, someone (Matt Aimonetti) gave a presentation with slightly
porny images of women sprinkled throughout the technical slides. It
seems to be the same old story with some guys all over again an again.
The slides are available online [1] but I'd recommend not to look at
them if you have some sensibility, as it includes explicit sexual
images.

Some echoes in the blogsphere:

http://www.sarahmei.com/blog/?p=46
http://www.ultrasaurus.com/sarahblog/2009/04/gender-and-sex-at-gogaruco/
http://dyepot-teapot.com/2009/04/25/dear-fellow-rubyists/
http://lizkeogh.com/2009/04/29/i-am-not-a-pr0n-star-avoiding-unavoidable-associations/
http://www.blogher.com/tipping-point-women-tech-heres-hoping
http://hackety.org/2009/04/29/aSelectionOfThoughtsFromActualWomen.html
http://annaraven.blogspot.com/2009/05/dirty-pitchers-and-conference.html

Mike Gunderloy, a member of the Rails Activists (public spokespeople
for Rails), has resigned his position in disgust over the way his
Rails community comrades reacted to the situation. I think it is quite
a courageous movement and I'm glad that there are guys like him. A new
Rails community seems to have born in response to those events, called
RailsBridge [3] [4]

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/mattetti/couchdb-perform-like-a-pr0n-star
[2] http://afreshcup.com/2009/04/28/a-painful-decision/
[3] http://railsbridge.org/