Re: "Debian women may leave due to 'sexist' post"

2008/12/29 Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net>:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 09:18:00AM +1300, Brenda Wallace wrote:
>>
>> i'm shocked by how much sexist crap is posted to the debian-women
>> mailing list lately.
>
> Yes.
>
>> it's a magnet for folks who think women shouldn't be here. ... and
>> Miry almost on her own replying to it.
>
> This fellow is someone who has trolled in the past, so I ignore his
> emails. Is that not what I should do? Miry is doing an admirable job of
> trying to educate this fellow but he is not going to change his mind
> because someone provide a rational or reasonible argument.
> I try to focus on the emails by non-trolls and help where I can.

I'm trying to take the "don't feed the trolls" line on this one.

Some of the references that have appeared will be very useful to me in
the future so I am grateful to Miriam for her posts.

Google is your friend if you want to find out anymore about him.

I don't speak or read Slovak so can't translate the whois on the
misbb.sk domain to determine anything other who his ISP is.
He is entitled to his view - be it outdated by about 150 years or so
- he is still entitled to his view.

He may be nothing more than a 15 year old sat there thinking of ways
of winding people up and deriving great amusement from the results of
his efforts.
He may be a grown man with some other kind of problem - like no job  -
these posts must take up some time for him to write and seem to be
becoming his sole occupation.
Or maybe he got pipped at the post for a job by a woman.  We will
never no the truth about any of that.

Whatever he is, these posts will remain in existence the day he has to
go to an interview and they might just lose him an opportunity he
really needs one day.

I just don't bother to engage at any level with the content of his
posts because they really don't matter.

Regards

L.