Re: "Debian women may leave due to 'sexist' post"

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:39:50AM +0100, Peter Tuhársky wrote:
> For me, the answer is quite simple. The computing is almost technical
> industry, and therefore it is naturally more suitable for men, who are
> naturally strog in technical thinking and achieving the task milestones.
> Just like there are much more women in people-contact positions, because
> women are naturally better equipped for social contact, empathy,
> caregiving... Althought I think it is time now, that much of technical
> issues are being solved or solved already, and there is need to make the
> computing experienca "more human".

This is total horseshit.

It is anecdotal gender profiling that causes women and men to choose certain
paths through life in the first place, and is hence one of the root causes of
the very problem we're trying to solve.

> A man would usually be a terrible personal assistant (secretary) or
> kindergarden nurse, because men are weak in paralell-tasking, where women are
> strong.

[citation needed]

> I found these things to be natural -woman is just naturally better equipped
> for the household and children care, not because "man poses her to that pose",
> but because she really CAN effectively cope with multiple tasks at time,
> e.q. she can cook and guard a child at the same time, with ease.

[citation needed]

> Man cannot do that, or only with extreme stress. Give him three tasks, he
> would overburn.

[citation needed]

> Other hand, it is usually harder for a woman to keep track for long-term
> goals, concentrate to single task, etc.

[citation needed]

> Admitting this knowledge, we can use our strong attributes for a great
> benefit, rather than suppressing the difference, that would also suppress our
> potential.

Don't fool your self, this isn't knowledge. It's anecdotal superstition.