reason not to adopt a package

Hi all,
  I had mentioned in a previous thread that I'd like to pick up the orphaned vbpp. But after a 2nd look, I realized that the upstream website is gone. Also, the person that maintained the package 3 years ago was of the opinion that this vbpp package should be maintained along with another package "vbs". And "vbs" has been removed from Debian completely as off 2007.

Are these pretty good indications that perhaps this package should just be left alone?

Thanks,
Maria