Re: choosing a Debian Package to learn to package

Hi again,
  I'm not sure this message will get appended to the right thread.
  Thanks for all your helpful suggestions. I'm definitely interested in putting in some effort to learn how to package stuff. I'm looking to pick up vbpp, which is currently orphaned. If I don't worry about how to Debian-ize the package, at least the raw source code builds on my machine. I've found the manual on the debian site, which will take me quite a while to plow through. My current challenges are: (1) is a build really considered complete when you get a few warnings and (2) if I don't really use the program, how do I really know that I've built it completely correctly?
  I did check on the women's mentor program, but I can't seem to get my email through to Helen...
  When I have learned a little more, I would definitely like to check out the Debian Games Team.

Thanks again,
Maria