Re: Why the Widening Gender Gap in Computer Science?

In countires like Iran, Saudia Arabia and Algeria, the number  of  women
in CS (special programming) is  drasticaly  increasing.

SA know, that "there" export product "petrol" is running  out  and  they
need a new export product.  Women are here in SC since arround 6-8 years

In Iran it is another problem, but since now the "Ministry of Education"
is official supporting a Debian-Derived Distribution called "Parsix"  in
the circle of my (female) friends there, the interest in IT  is  growing
faster then I was thinking.  (Many of them know, that I hate M$ like the
pestilence and they know, I am working since 1999 to 100% with Debian)

Algeria is generaly coding cheaper then France, but France  is  blocking
programs coded in Algeria which is a political issue...  However, french
Business solutions are sold from Algeria over the USA back to France.  I
have a coupe of frieds in the It of Algier (the capital)  and  in  those
Enterprises the number of female programmes is  increasing  since  maybe
4 or 5 years...  now arrond 35%.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)