Re: should these be reworded?

2008/7/23 Meike Reichle <meike@debian.org>:
> Hi all,
>
> I agree with Christian that putting something like this in the dev guide
> is probably overkill and wouldn't do us much good. If a user objects to
> playing a male character rescuing a female one I'd consider that an
> upstream bug rather than a Debian issue. So, getting back to magicmaze,
> I guess I'd simply send a feature request to upstream.

BTW, as an strategic matter of fact it is unneeded to say that if
someone decides to ask upstream to add that feature, what I encourage
to do, do it politely and with positive arguments, and avoid
accusations of any kind: it works better. Kinda "Would it be possible
tho let the player choose the gender of their character? That way,
female players would identify themselves better with the character and
the game might be more attractive for them" instead of "Your game is
sexist, you have to make it gender neutral", which of course would put
the developers on the defensive side and would do more harm than good.
I just thought it would do no damage to mention it, although it's
quite obvious.

Greetings,
Miry