Re: Debian Women Indonesia

Quoting Nur Aini Rakhmawati (khaulah_tc@yahoo.com):
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to setup Debian Women for Indonesian
> But I dunno What should I do
> The first thing that in my mind is translating Debian Women site to Indonesian language
> The other things are waiting Debian Women Bug Squashing and Debian package tutorial.
>
> any suggestion ?

Well, we have an already good (at least I hope as I obviously can't
understand it!) translation effort for Indonesian in Debian
Installer....which allows to do complete installs in the
language. However, the "resources" who work on it are pretty scarce
(for instance, the update for Debian Installer Beta 1 came in 1 or 2
days before the deadline, very last minute).

A few years ago, a mailing list existed
(debian-l10n-id@gurame.fisika.ui.ac.id) and I was in touch with 2-3
people who worked on this pretty regularly (Arief Fitrianto, Parlin
Imanuel Toh...).

Parlin nearly vanished and Arief sometimes answers my mail and is the
one keeping things updated.....but I really feel that the l10n
community still has to be rebuilt. *This* is something you could do
(of course, by first getting in touch with Arief).

Also, given the richness of Indonesia wrt languages, any l10n effort
in languages other than Indonesian could be a good idea.