Re: problem with log out

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:37:51AM -0600, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 23/02/2008, David Nusinow <dnusinow@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> > radeonhd exists today, why not use that?
>
> Is it working yet? I don't use ATI cards. The Dell Ubuntu lappy I
> bought, since dipped in the baptismal waters of Debian, has an intel
> chipset that works beautifully. Compiz and Nexuiz have never looked
> this good. :-)

Yes, radeonhd works fine, although there's still no 3d at present. AMD just
released the 3d specs for the r500 series of cards yesterday though, so we
can hope to see 3d support for some cards in the coming months. Currently
though there is great support for things like modesetting.

> I'll be happy to buy an ATI card some time in the future if their
> released documentation proves to be enough for quality free drivers to
> be written for it.

What's been released so far has gotten us both radeonhd and also the older
ati driver supporting newer cards, so I'd say it's helped quite a bit.

> Uh, are we offtopic for this list yet?

Pretty much, as far as I can tell.

 - David Nusinow