Re: problem with log out

On la, 2008-02-23 at 10:37 -0600, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 23/02/2008, David Nusinow <dnusinow@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> > radeonhd exists today, why not use that?
>
> Is it working yet? I don't use ATI cards.

My desktop machine has an ATI card: the decision to buy one was a direct
result of ATI releasing docs and supporting the development of a driver
as free software. (Beancounters at ATI and Nvidia please note: ATI got
about 30 euros worth of money because they've become friendly to free
software. whereas Nvidia is still uner boycott. The amount of money is
peanuts, but but many peanuts becomes a lot of money. Beancounters at
Intel please note: I would've bought an Intel card if one existed.
Several of them, over the years.)

The radeonhd driver seems to work OK, although I don't use compiz and
don't do much else that's particularly interesting. But for basic
desktop use, it seems to be fine already.