Re: Introducing Myself

Ricardo Mones wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:46:39 +0000
Karena Stannett <karena.stannett@gmail.com> wrote:

and my educational establishment stops expecting
presentations and docs in you know whose's office suite formats)

  The best way to stop such expectations is to stop giving them such
formats. I did years ago, switching from all proprietary formats to PDF,
which serves for both documents and presentations, is easily generated
with free tools and even produces higher quality docs. No teacher complained
to me so far, so it may be worth a try.

<pedant>
Isn't PDF as proprietary as M$? It's just more cross-platform, less OS-specific.
</pedant>

Regards

L.