Proposal: Debian Kids Rating System

Hi,

The idea is to provide a way of classifying games, and maybe some other kind of software, so that parents can know in advance whether the game involves stuff they don't want their children to get involved with, and being able to use that information to decide which games they want their children to play, or even what games they want to play themselves. The technical backend will probably use DebTags.

I want to have teachers and educators making the classification, and that's the direction in which I am moving, but anyway if there are mothers or fathers out there in the list, I would really love to hear whatever they have to say, or their concerns.

I don't feel like announcing this project in debian-devel yet, but as soon as I have the mailing list ready I probably will. I also want to count on other projects than Debian to help, namely LinEx, Lliurex, possibly Edubuntu, and Debian Jr. The Debian Games Team have already decided not to get involved in this as a team, and I didn't have a clear answer from Debian-Edu.

Feedback and ideas are welcome.

Greetings,
Miry