Subject: [SummerSource-L] Writers needed for hands on guides to Open Source
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:37:44 +0000
From: Becky Faith <becky@tacticaltech.org>
To: summersource-l@lists.tacticaltech.org

Hi all,

My name is Becky Faith and I'm working with Tactical Tech.

Do you have a passion for communicating to 'normal' people about
technology? Do you know your Gimp from your Drupal?

Tactical Tech helps human rights organisations use technology in
developing countries.

We're creating a citizen journalism toolkit which will help these
organisations use open source tools. These guides take people through
the stages of thinking about what they are trying to achieve, who they
are trying to communicate with, what resources they will require, small
projects to help them get started and tip sheets on using the tools.

We're looking for experienced writers to create easy to understand
guides for selected open source tools including Audacity and Gimp. These
will be divided into mini-projects to help users get started with the
software and hands-on guides with interviews, expert tips and techniques.

If you're interested in working with us to create a new kind of manual –
a kind of 'open source made easy' guide – do get in touch. We're looking
for people to help us on a freelance project basis. My email is
becky@tacticaltech.org. Please include a couple of samples of your
published writing.