Re: "Men leaving Debian" - numbers?

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:39:47 +0200, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 10:14:03AM +0200, Herman Robak wrote:

 Little doubt about that.  It would not hurt to have nicely charted
statistics to point to whenever trolls try to sow fear and doubt.
Critisising the troll's attitude is a waste of keystrokes, but
shooting down factual lies with actual, countable facts is quite
effective.  And it is a service to those who have not followed the
development closely, the lurkers, the newcomers, the skeptics...

No, it would also be a waste of keystrokes.

As is this thread.

If people mistake schizophrenic testosterone poisoning for a credible
source, that's their problem; there's no reason to lose time trying to
refute the insane when there's real work to be done.

 It might not have been your intent, but that paragraph came off as
rather offensive to "those who have not followed the development closely,
the lurkers, the newcomers, the skeptics..."

 I appreciate that you want these threads to die, as there more pressing
topics to spend time on.  I don't appreciate heavy-handedness.

--
Herman Robak,
herman at skolelinux no