Re: proposed addition to debian-women list filtering, please comment

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:33:45 +0200
Amaya <amaya@debian.org> wrote:

> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Which mailing list users?  Who is inconvenienced by the proposed
> > solution?
>
> I dunno, just playing devil's advocate here.
> Will it only be moderated for non suscribed users?

  If moderated subscription is applied then only outsiders need
moderation, yes. There's a chance that a troll tries first to emulate a
legitimate subscriber for dumping his verborrhagia later, though.

> Will we make sure the rejection message has enough information to help a
> legitimate poster get in touch with us?

  Sure, should be a must.

> > I don't think hypothetical subscribers are a sensible reason to take
> > on the administrative burden of hand-emptying a moderation queue.
>
> Anyway, I volunteer to take this burden, as I moderate plenty of mailing
> lists already and it would just be one more list in my morning
> moderation routine. (I must say this routine consist of just discarding
> spam).

  Heh, the same reason I did it ;-) (more on the spam-deletion part
than in the moderatrix one).

  best regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones.