Re: proposed addition to debian-women list filtering, please comment

* Ricardo Mones [Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:03:41 +0200]:

>   As long as the troll keeps Cc'ing people in the mails some of us still be
> disturbed.

Right, this still exists even with list filtering, so I'll mention this
in case that it ends up improving matters for someone:

  17:54 <dato> I'm so pondering giving one of mikeeusa's msgs to crm114

I just did, give one of those message marked as nonspam back to crm114
as an error, and after replaying a selection of mails from the subsequent
threads, it reliably detected further ntdw mails (one got through, which
I quickly retrained on). crm114 has never failed on me, so I don't expect
this to change tomorrow.

I had read several times something along the lines of "one extra feature
of bayesian spam filters is that you get to redefine spam", but I had yet
not encountered an occasion to realize how helpful this could be.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

America may be unique in being a country which has leapt from barbarism
to decadence without touching civilization.
                -- John O'Hara