Re: (Debian's Two Choices) The influx of women and the outflux of men. The end of debian as a distro and it's emergance as a women's rights pulpit.

Some people are "neatly centered" between the beliefs
of Stalin and Mao, this doesn not make their beliefs
right nor does it make their beliefs good for debian,
nor should men who do not agree with those "neatly
centered" beliefs be booted out of the project or
censored as is happening in the current, increasingly
man-unfriendly, debian.

I have both identified specific occurances (the
booting of Johnathan in-part because he is against
debian-women (this was the first reason given in a
small multi part list, another being complaining about
the food in a resturant)) and on-going trends (less
packagers, less developers, packages being dropped do
to lack of packager support, less men willing to
devote their free time to debian).

Men should NOT be punished because of their beliefs.
Debian was a techincal project centered around free
software, not any eglitarian humanist belief system,
it was not the UN, it was not the EU, it was a free
software project.
Debian was not big sister, now the pressure of
debian-women has pushed it in that direction.

MJ Ray: You are opposed to the freedom of men, you are
a feminist... a male feminist (some people hate their
fellow man, it is unfortunate).

Debian is no longer a purely technical project; it is
a sociological project with an increasingly, with each
year that groups such as debian-women are allowed to
exist within debian, thin technical coating (as more
men leave the less techincal expertise debian has, and
you aren't going to replace them with women as there
are far less women intrersted in technical fields and
willing to work for free).

Debian is trading a bird in the hand for two birds in
the bush, and those birds in the bush are not
interested in cutting code or doing technical work.