Re: Statistics about the IRC channel

Hi Liz, all,

liz wrote:
Hi!
Social conditioning perhaps? I have noticed in certain circumstances men like to "talk over" me as I call it. I dont stand for it but I have seen other females who get quiet or don't paricipate as much due. Perhaps the inherent aggression in Male communication style?

Have you experienced that on the DW irc channel specifically, or are you talking more generally or about other contexts?

I do not think that the people on the channel are inherently agressive, and I wouldn't say that the most agressive people in there are men, actually. This has to do, among other things, with the environment we have tried to set up in that channel. Your viewpoint may vary, of course.

I would welcome everyone to be involved in the IRC channel and to speak up when they want to, especially about topics that have to do with the DW project or with Debian. It's a good idea to read the guidelines at http://women.alioth.debian.org/faqs/#irc first.

Helen