Statistics about the IRC channel

Today, I did a few possibly interesting statistics about the IRC
channel.

I have logs since June 2005 and I extracted all unique nicknames from
there. To these, I applied the knowledge I have of people and about
who is actually a man, who is a woman and who I have no idea about (ie
I don't know the people and whois is silent about them).

There have been 319 unique nickname. Out of these 137 are men, 73 are
women and 109 are unknown (to me at least)

>From these, I extracted the number of contributions, month by month:

A contribution is of line by an individual

%	M	W	U
2005-06	61,88	36,78	1,34
2005-07	56,01	40,72	3,27
2005-08	60,02	37,49	2,49
2005-09	52,66	42,66	4,68
2005-10	50,3	42,37	7,33
2005-11	58,05	36,57	5,38
2005-12	65,14	30,58	4,28
2006-01	59,69	37,89	2,42
2006-02	70,8	26,96	2,24
2006-03	70,72	28,4	0,88
2006-04	73,54	25,58	0,88

As one can see, even if I can't "identify" one third of the people, I
have identified the most contributing people.

I see an interesting tendency for men participation to increase while
women participation decreases. I already have this feeling for quite a
long time but it seems that numbers are proving me correct. Is it good
or bad: I leave this up to you, people...:)