Re: Python tutorial - written version

Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> writes:

> Attached is a written version of the Python IRC tutorial we had two and
> a half weeks ago on #debian-women. I'd appreciate help in putting it on
> the D-W wiki; I'm somewhat busy right now with other things and don't
> have the time to convert it to wiki notation.

Hi Lars

I have wikified the document but wouldn't mind someone reading it
through just to see if it correct and readable or if some things need
changing.

I bolded 3 words in the "about python" section and on a couple of
occasions split a long paragraph. There were no changes at all to the
actual text aside from this formatting. Let me know if that's ok? It can
easily be reverted.

Also there is no author attributed, would you want:
-- Lars Wirzenius
perhaps at the bottom?

http://women.alioth.debian.org/wiki/index.php/Main/PythonTutorial
I am not sure how wiki's work but I cannot find anywhere to link to this
tutorial

In order for anyone to find it they would have to visit
http://women.alioth.debian.org/wiki/index.php/
and then look at recent changes?

Even using the search box , I cannot find the packaging tutorial or the
python tutorial, unless I am missing something, there is no page
actually listing what the contents of the site are?

The Debian wiki:
http://wiki.debian.org/FrontPage
And the Emacs wiki:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki
both have a contents || site map type of page which I think is quite
useful.

Anyway, this might be better served in its own topic :-)
I have saved the  tutorial with wiki formatting here:
http://bzgirl.bakadigital.com/ehtml/summary.txt

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----
orchid on irc.freenode.net