list statistics

Hi All,

I have just discovered the following graph (doubtless a resource that I should
have known about months ago):

http://lists.debian.org/stats/debian-women.png

It's interesting to me to note that, while the number of posts to this list has
varied widely, and has been relatively low for the last 3-4 months, the number
of subscribers has kept rising at a fairly constant rate.  Why would that be?

Does this mean that people are happy with the list having relatively few posts
to it, and don't miss the vigorous discussions that we've had at times in the
past?  (Personally I like most of the vigorous discussions, especially when they
are productive in terms of achieving the goals of the DW projects.)

The slowness of the list in recent months has been worrying me, though I also
haven't had time to try to do much about it.

So, a couple of questions (these have been asked before, and will probably be
asked again in the future):

 Is the Debian Women project meeting your needs?  How could it do so better?

 Do you think the Debian Women project is still helping to encourage more women
to be involved in Debian?

 Do you think it is still needed to encourage the involvement of women?

(Ok, that's more than a couple of questions)

Any opinions?  I would be particularly interested to hear the opinions of
relative newcomers to the project, as well as those who have been involved for
some time now and have seen the changes we have experienced.

Helen