Welcome to your new Debian system in...

On 23/04/2005, at 4:36 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

But, well, Clytie, felle free to send me a recording of your voice
saying "Hello and welcome to your new Debian system in
Vietnamese"....in Vietnamese, of course.

That's a fun idea: I'll find a quiet moment (we have a family of people to go with our computers) and do that for you. Any preferred file format?

It will be good to have a female voice doing that welcome in Vietnamese, as the issue of the computer acting like a person has various cultural trip-wires in Asian society. It would make Debian, and the computer as a whole, significantly less threatening to Vietnamese women, if they heard a female Vietnamese voice.

I'll just have to work out which of the three main dialects/accents, and myriad minor ones, I should use... (and remember to make sure my false choppers are in, or I may abruptly create an entirely new dialect of my own).

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc