Re: Cycle has entered sid

also sprach Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> [2005.04.16.1626 +0200]:
> Keep in mind that the program is multiplatform and it
> is also developed for windows and other OSes. Also,
> data for more than one user can be stored.

All modern OSs have multiple user accounts and protected areas to
store data. I really see no added benefit in adding encryption to
a programme such as cycle, which only encourages use of a single
account by multiple people. Instead, switching accounts on the fly
should be implemented better.

> I think that maybe you're asking for a full redesign of the
> program, but that's something i cannot do on my own, that's
> upstream's task. Anyway if you have better design ideas and you
> want me to send them so upstream, I'd be glad to do it.

I am just spouting my opinions. Upstream probably has a reason and
probably won't redesign because a jock like me rips apart the
security assumptions of the programme.

Cheers,

`. `'`

for years, we have thought that a million monkeys typing at a million
typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of shakespeare.
today, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true.