"A long and winding road for IT women"

Hi All,

This article [1] covers some ground that we've discussed here before,
namely the diverse routes by which women end up in a career in IT. I
find it heartening to see this stuff written about in yet another
publication, though the figures suggesting that there is an overall
decrease in the percentage of women working in IT in Canada are worrying.

Does anyone know what the figures are like for women working in IT in
other countries - ie is the percentage increasing or decreasing
elsewhere?    I wonder whether there would be a similar change in the
involvement of women in FLOSS projects, or whether the two patterns
would be largely unrelated.

Thanks to Manoj Srivastava for the link :)

Helen.

1.
http://www.itworldcanada.com/Pages/Docbase/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=idgml-68ffcbef-5371-4c3a-9c79-6aea9b23a546&title=A%20long%20and%20winding%20road%20for%20IT%20women