Re: Political climate of Debian

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 09:01:53PM +0200, Javier Candeira wrote:
> What work is being done with CC? Who is doing it? Are there document
> proposals?

It's barely started (last week or two). Ask Evan Prodromou, I have no
idea what the status is. There's no immediately apparent reason why
they shouldn't fix their licenses (although there's no immediately
apparent reason why the FSF shouldn't either, before you talk to RMS
about it).

> What about dual licensing? Is this something that is encouraged,
> discouraged, ignored by the Debian mainstream? (by this I mean the
> consensus of DDs, never mind if it is official policy).

The existence of other, non-free licenses for a work, in addition to
free ones, is pretty much irrelevant to Debian. So long as it's
released under at least one free license, it really doesn't matter if
they also use some non-free ones.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |