Re: Debian-Women webpage possibly filtered by Telefonica

I have been reading about Canguro.net, the Telefonica filter. It is a "client-server" thing (their description, not mine), i.e. the filter does not run on our computers, but on their proxies.

That means, among other thing, the list filtered sites can't be reverse-engineered or decrypted, as US hacker-activists have done with netnanny and other products.

It also means the technology to filter web content is already in place, at least in Spain. Doubly so as Telefonica, as the incumbent monopolist of yore, is the wholesale provider of DSL connections for other DSL vendors, thus having 99% of Spain's DSL lines.

Nice, eh?

Before I call the Telefonica press people with my questions, will someone please post a screenshot of what you see when trying to access the debian-women website?

-- javier

Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Michelle Konzack (linux4michelle@freenet.de):

I think, you are not terrorist, islamic fundamentalist or a crazzy
kommunist...  So you had not to access such pages...

I guess I'm not, because I'm authorized to some levels of Defense
secrecy...:)

(OK, I won't tell which....)

And, because of that, I still need to be convinced : do you argue that
some sites are filtered for everyone by French ISP's or by some mysterious
black boxes running in secret rooms at DGSE....or that some
individuals in France receive filtered content because of them being
recorded in DGSE files?

I indeed see no real techical way to achieve any of these goals safely
without it to be immediately publicized....