Re: A song

Contagiously fun. Can't *wait* to see you perform it, I can beatbox for you if you'll let me.

-- javier candeira

Erinn Clark wrote:
It's kinda long, but I'm sure you can all deal with that. :)
This is also a hip hop song, fwiw.

We Be Hackin' (based loosely on Ice Cube's "We Be Clubbin'")

Yaeeyaae uh hh uh huh brrr
We be hackin'
Hey hey hey hey, look here, look here, first of all I wanna welcome
all y'all newbies and ch1x0rz to the Debian Women club. Yaeeyaae!
It's packed, men don't know how to act
We the chicks, s3kr1t conference room's in the back
With a stack of laptops
My girls like 'em smaller
We oughta get 'em cheaper
Running debian-installer
Mailing lists are like shark infested water
Got your daughter sendin' flames you don't think she oughta
She gave the order to slaughter any ass like that
You know how we get about the SYN and the ACK
Brainiac with a maniac script for package trackin'
Down to get this motherfuckin' group hackin'
We can't stand LILO, all love GRUB
Welcome to the Debian Women club

We be hackin'
Everybody likes it when a girl
Does a little bug whackin'
Dudes, don't pull nothin' (that's right)
We ain't mackin'
Just codin' and laughin'
Like there ain't nothin' wrong
Get your hack on
Ah, we be hackin' (we be hackin')
Yaeeyaae (we be hackin', we be hackin')

We're goin' through NM, so WTF now?
To take over Debian, this is our vow
By the DFSG, we're bound
(I think you forgot the SC)
Oops: 0000 (Page not found)
ftpmaster even shows up in the club
Maybe because none of us push and shove? It's all love
Love for everyone who's workin' with us
And fuck everyone who's smirkin' at us
Debatin' bout us, but we're just trying to build
Packages and new members for our girluminati guild (fnord)
I see you're watchin' us, but you need a better hobby
There are RC bugs to fix and software patents to lobby
Let me show you to /ignore
Since you're such a crashing bore
You know who you are (Where they going? /DEV/NULLLLL!)
Now leave us alone (Easier than cats to cull...)

Make it off, Rake it off, flake it off
0x0FF, groff it off, Nabokov
Brrr (we be hackin') uhh (uhh) (we be hackin')

Better beware, DW's the New Edition
Usin' strict;, castin' malloc, makin' our dreams come to fruition
Everybody's workin' hard on different things
From writin' new programs to translatin' strings
Autotools may try to ruin our lives
And arch may give some of us hives
But damn we're smart (my girl, speak on it)
And we got a lot of heart (logo of a geek on it)
Now everybody in Debian knows about us
A little notoriety, that's always a plus
Nope, we ain't talkin' to haters on the lists
The inferiority complexees and deconstructionists
Creatin', we're the chicks who be negatin'
The stereotypes that stupid people be statin'
DW, stayin' up hackin' all night long
Get ya hack on!