Re: How do women become involved in free / open source projects?

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 09:31:21AM +0900, Sacha Chua wrote:
> I find I'm more into the social aspect of open source than the guys I
> know are.

I tend to be the same way. So when I choose to get involved with a
project I start out by joining their IRC channel (which most have) and
chatting with the developers. When something comes up that they need
help with I'll pipe up and offer my assistance.

> I'm also more into advocacy for the newbie / hobbyist / student
> crowds, taking advantage of the fact that I'm a young girl crazy about
> computers. =)

*Nod* I generally spend a lot of my in channel/mailinglist time
helping people new to the software find their way. It's fun for me.

--
Elizabeth A. Krumbach // Lyz@PrincessLeia.com
http://www.princessleia.com