Re: How do women become involved in free / open source projects?

Bruce Byfield <bbyfield@axionet.com> writes:

> Helen's Faulkner's comment that "women follow a different route to
> being interested in things like Debian and FOSS compared to the
> average man" has made me curious. Would anyone be willing to comment
> or share their experience?

I find I'm more into the social aspect of open source than the guys I
know are. I can go on and on about how wonderful the community is and
how I'm so glad to have met so many interesting people through open
source development.

I'm also more into advocacy for the newbie / hobbyist / student
crowds, taking advantage of the fact that I'm a young girl crazy about
computers. =) I'm still a little too intimidated to do expert talks on
highly technical topics.

--
Sacha Chua <sacha@free.net.ph> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed