Re: Discussions on the mailing list, was: Anybody out there?

[Takayoshi Sasano]
> There are some projects to log IRC channels though, but they don't
> reach usability of mailman regarding quick overview of "threads".

There are good reasons not to publish IRC logs, so #debian-women
currently has a policy against doing so.  I agree with the reasons,
particularly that a lot of people are more comfortable speaking
informally and candidly on IRC if they know they aren't going to be
google-able for everything they happen to spit out.  IRC is an informal
medium and keeping it that way is valuable.