Re: package adoption question

* On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 01:39:25AM +1100, Sonia Hamilton wrote:
> A package adoption question:
>
> Thierry's article [1] mentions using email to adopt a package, which I
> did [2]. But the wnpp page [3] says to use reportbug to adopt a package.

I'm trying to use reportbug to submit my ITP (I know someone suggested
to just resend my old message to control@bugs, but I want to learn how
to use reportbug).

I entered 'other', then 'wnpp' & 'ITP' from the menus. I pulled up the
existing bug report 288521, but couldn't find anyway to mail my ITP, so
I did 's - Skip remaining problems; file a new report immediately.'
and eventually reportbug sent the email below.

It doesn't seem to have emailed control@bugs.debian.org or
288521@bugs.debian.org, and it hasn't linked into the existing bug
288521 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=288521  - what
have I done wrong?

It seems the using the Debian wnpp system is harder than actually
writing code :-(

--
Sonia Hamilton